Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Daily Diet

This is the first entry into my log for my new daily diet. This diet is called the Page diet and it is a popular diet with many success stories. We are starting our with a 21 day cleanse and then maintaining a more healthy life style of eating.


Just to let you know, in the past 57 years I have pretty much eaten whatever I wanted to and didn't think too much about what I ate or how much. Especially a big bowl of buttered popcorn at night, before bedtime. Not that I am grossly overweight but I am overweight by about 50 lbs. I weighed myself before starting the cleanse and I was at 238 lbs. I started the cleanse last Tuesday the 13th of April. Today is the 20th of April and I must say I fell very much better than I did two weeks ago.

Some of my issues with my weight were mostly the ones that get everyone struggling with weight issues. I couldn't tie my shoes without loosing my breath; bending down and getting back up were a struggle. I can't walk very far (especially uphill) without being out of breath, and other assorted issues with infrequent bowel movements, feeling dull minded, insomnia, always hungry, body aches, ear problems (vertigo) and other related ear issues, stuffiness and ringing sound.

So, since I started last week I can actually tie my shoes, the ringing sound has stopped, I don't feel as dull minded and I am not prone to stay awake at night. I'm sure some exercise will help with this program as well, but I am working up to that. I have been over 230 lbs for quite sometime now and not been one for exercise. Not since before I got married 15 years ago. I did like to eat popcorn before bedtime. Is that considered exercise?

I am now eating vegetables and fruits. Last week I had salads, raw veggies, fruit smoothies with protein powder and lots of water. Some of the evening meals I had a kind of stir fry for the veggies which was a nice change. It hasn't bothered me that I have been eating just veggies and drinking fruit smoothies. I don't profess to live for food but just eat to stay alive. It's kind of like a fast but with food! Great trade-off!

OK. So, this is going to be my journal of things I eat and how I feel. I was hoping to do this everyday but I can see that is not going to happen. I get busy and forget to do this. Maybe I can do this at night after the day calms down or early in the morning. We'll see what happens with that. No promises yet.

We have started on the second week of the cleanse and diet. I say we now because my wife is actually doing this with me. It's easier if you have someone to do this with. Being the lone ranger at the table when everyone else is eating french fries and hamburgers with catsup and all the fixing’s is not easy. People are so cruel. They make popcorn and offer some to me. It’s my favorite food by the way.

I started eating more protein today. This morning we had two scrambled eggs, sautéed onions and peppers and spinach. I use to have wheat toast with butter or a bagel with cream cheese but this wasn't bad. Maybe I am getting used to the no bread part of the diet. At mid-morning I had a fruit smoothie with SP Complete protein powder and the new powder we are taking called Jurassic Green. It looks and feels like dried, finely ground river moss. For lunch we had sautéed veggies and a salmon patty. I am limited to about 13 oz of protein a day so we divide that up between three meals.
Last night I had my very most favorite food on the planet (except for my wife’s meatloaf) which is popcorn. I sprinkled some nutritional yeast and two teaspoons of butter on it. No salt. This is probably the hardest part of the diet, if there really is a hard part. We did have some chicken chunks on our salad last night as well which helps curb the appetite. None-the-less, popcorn is a food that is hard to resist.

There you have it; my first week into the diet and some of my thoughts and eating for the week. Maybe I can try to write something each week at least but I will try to write more on a daily basis if possible. If need be I can include pictures but I didn't think anyone would be interested in looking at an overweight hairy belly in this blog. Did I mention popcorn yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment