Thursday, April 22, 2010

Be Careful With the Protein Intake

It is the start of a new week on the Page Diet and the SP Cleanse combo. I am still feeling quite well however I was a little alarmed this morning. Let me explain.

The day before yesterday, when I weighed myself I discovered I had lost 11 pound from the start of this new eating regime. I was elated with knowing something definite was happening. I started eating some more protein based foods (eggs) and some fish/chicken portions. I guess I am not a very good judge of portions and how the protein works. After just six servings of protein-based foods and a bowl of popcorn (with nutritional yeast) I found this morning I was three pounds heavier. :-(

So, I am thinking there is a definite reason for this. I have been sticking to the diet pretty close with regards to eating only the veggies and fruit. The only thing that has changed is the meat portions and the popcorn. Well, the popcorn certainly couldn't be the problem. I doesn't hardly weigh anything! I mean, look at how light and fluffy it is. It's like eating air! So it must be the meat portions. Right?

It's a sad day today. I thought I was making good progress and then pop. The bubble is gone!

Today I am watching my intake. So far I have had two quarts of water, a fruit smoothie with my protein powder and my swamp moss portions, one egg, 12 slices of squash(sauteed) and an apple. It's 10:15am and I am not hungry. For lunch I plan to eat a salmon patty and stir fried cabbage & peppers. I'm not sure about supper yet but I did bring a banana for an afternoon snack. I will continue to drink water like a fish and then we will see where I am at in the morning. Maybe I can be back to where I was a couple days ago. Oh, yes. My current weight is at 226 pounds. My overall goal is 190. 36 more pounds to go. Yoo Hoo!

I wanted to clarify something here. While I do want to JUST loose some weight. My long term goal here is to be eating healthier and feeling better. Weight has something to do with that, but the nutritional value of what I am eating is more important than the weight. I like being able to feel like I can bend over without squeezing the breath out of myself and not have this big bag of fat in front of me but knowing that my body is getting healthy food, food that is actually good for me, is more of the goal.

So, there you have it. The summation of my thoughts today. My new diet plan thinking. I guess I should watch the intake of popcorn, too, Huh? OK. I get it. smaller portions and a more frequent intake of veggies and reasonably sized (3-4oz) servings of fish or chicken. Lots of water. I am thinking about that water. Could be a good thing to keep drinking water. My new mantra needs to be . . . water, water, water.

I'll keep a water bottle filled and with me always. And drink it. At least a gallon a day. That should help wash all those toxins and fat away. I'm thinking that in the course of this 21 day cleanse and new diet I should be ready for summer fun quite soon. I'm thinking like a month or two. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Often I think that the meat weight gain is due to in-digestibility. As though it gets stuck and ain't goin nowhere.

    I know that I just did a shorted cleanse... felt awesome until that first bit of meat... that tasted so so so so so good... but made me feel so sluggish. And all the works were hence forth slowed.

    ReplyDelete